Garage door repair in Springfield, VA is very common as many people tend to seek professional maintenance for their garage door once in a while so as to make sure that it is in good working condition and their car is able to move through it without difficulty.
If you find your garage door not working or troubling you with some sort of unidentified problem, do not panic or immediately decide to purchase a new door. In fact, the first thing you should do is to investigate the issue and consider repairing your existing garage door as the problem may not necessarily be a major one.
The most common signs of a garage door problem include the jerking, sticking or a screeching noise being caused by the door. When this happens, start looking into the matter at once. Most often, it is cheaper to get garage door repair in Springfield, VA than to replace it with a brand new door. Furthermore, if you manage to identify garage door problems at the right time, you would be able to get the door fixed quickly as well as cost-effectively. Listed below is a checklist of common garage door issues:
1. Fittings – your garage door is likely to judder and become exposed to the risk of wear and tear as fittings tend to loosen up over time. Hence, you should examine all hardware, such as the plates on which the spring is mounted, and ensure that every screw or bolt is tightened appropriately.
2. Hinges – these are quite weak spots in a garage door and should therefore be taken good care of by keeping a lookout for wear and tear on them. As soon as you spot the screws or hinges rusting, you should know that that it is time to replace them.
3. Springs – if this particular hardware associated to a garage door appears to have worn out, the door is likely to become heavier and will snap in no time. Furthermore, it is best to seek professional help to replace springs as doing it on your own might bring injury if you are not careful.
4. Tracks – the metal tracks attached to your garage walls need to be clean in order to function well. You should also keep a check for rust, dents or any other damages or problems that are noticeable so as to repair them as soon as possible. However, such tracks are usually present if you own an up and over garage door. In case the tracks are damaged severely, they would have to be replaced.
5. Door opener – if you have a fault in your electric door opener, you are facing one of the commonest problems related to garage doors. However, before deciding to purchase a new door opener, be sure to check that the power supply has not disrupted and the unit is still plugged in while you are trying to open the door. Also, don’t forget to check the circuit breaker and fuse to confirm that it is not a fake alarm.
There are many times when people fail to identify a garage door problem on their own and seek the help of a professional for this matter. You can find many different service providers online, and in the Yellow Pages, easily. They will gladly schedule an examination of your problematic garage door and inspect a number of different parts respectively so as to find the exact hindrance and fix it. They also ensure that the door is functioning smoothly and would straighten any misaligned tracks.
Service providers for garage door repair in Springfield, VA will also make sure to clean the tracks while lubricating the roller bearings. They also see to the fact that the springs, tension bars and hinges are all in proper working condition as these are what basically help the garage door to open and close. Even the malfunctioning remote control mechanism of your garage door can be solved by them.
Hire the best service providers you can afford so that you can safely drive in and out of your garage door.